- Sending or responding to all to CYA (cover your butt).
- People trying to solve complex issues using email.
- Dirty email messages.
- Subject lines that don’t match the message or ones that do little to let you know what the message is about.
- Last-minute cancellations.
- People who call you instead of checking their email.
- No response.
- My original message not attached.
- Smileys, emoticons.
- Senseless auto responders.
- Cute shortcuts.
- Read receipt.
- Too many attachments.
- Attachment and no body.
- Abuse of my email address.
- Recipient names not private.
- Passing on hoaxes instead of checking them out first.
- Who are you?
- Messages without signature lines.
- Adding me to your email list.
- Bad grammar and punctuation.
- Work email abuse.
- Unprofessional email IDs.
Saturday, July 05, 2008
27 email pet peeves ...
From About.com: (click the link for descriptions of each) ... and go to the forum for a discussion on pet peeves, including my irritation with "The Fourth of July."